http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/03/asia/nepal-earthquake/
How did this man survive, when so many other didn't? Obviously, he didn't meet a crushing end like so many other unfortunate souls did, but beyond that, could this be considered a miracle? How 'fragile' is this man in actuality? What mantra, what sutra, kept this man alive? I would assume, since the man is Nepalese, that he is most likely a Buddhist of some kind. This is only an assumption of course, as I have been unable to determine through very brief net research his religious or philosophical denomination, but that fact is irrelevant to this thought experiment.
Something kept this man alive... whether it was a god, a bodhisattva, the ghost of Lao Tzu, or even Siddharta himself, the fact remains, this man is a living, breathing, walking, talking miracle. I don't use the term lightly, and I know that the concept of a miracle is different for everyone as it is usually influenced by a religious or dogmatic perspective, but that does not threaten my assertion that this man is a miracle. So many dead, starving, injured, and yet this man is practically unharmed by the tumultuous and horrendous events around him. I am not so naive as to assume I know how he did it or why the universe shielded him from so much damage and death and destruction, but I do know that his karma could have had something to do with it.
When I have done more research about this man I plan to post more of what I've found, and possibly devote this thread of blogs to ideas and events that are nearly impossible not to label as 'miracles'.
Until next time, peace to you all.
No comments:
Post a Comment